Skip to content
What’s the big deal with mobile wallet and why should I use it?
- A mobile wallet is more secure than the magnetic strip as a one-time code is sent for authorization, similar to the chip
- Faster authorization time than the chip in your cards
- Your card is loaded into the wallet, but then also has a passcode or other security feature (Fingerprint, iris match, etc.) to unlock
- No chance of forgetting your card in the machine, just tap your phone and you’re set!
- No looking for your card! Once it’s in your mobile wallet, you just select which card to use and off you go!
- Online purchases are also secured with the one time code, your credit/debit card numbers are not being sent out to the online merchants
- The chip is still a great tool for our customers! But not every merchant is set up for using them and chips offer no protection for online payments.
Which wallets can I use?
- Google Pay- can be used on Android or Apple devices
- Samsung Pay - only available for Samsung phones/devices
- iPay - only for Apple phones/devices
Where can I use a mobile wallet?
- Anywhere that accepts mobile payments!You should see the icon or “accepts mobile payments” at the terminal.
- Depending on your phone, you may be able to use the mobile wallet at card terminals that are NOT enabled for chip, small retailers around here is pretty common.
- You can also use them online on your mobile device, just select “checkout with GooglePay” (or the others)!